On 08/29/2016 11:34 AM, Florian Weimer wrote: > On 08/24/2016 04:04 PM, Stefan Liebler wrote: >> +For multi-arch support it is recommended to use a GCC with >> gnu-indirect-function >> +support as it is used to generate ifunc'ed symbols with correct >> +debug-information. This support can either be enabled by configuring >> GCC with >> +@samp{--enable-gnu-indirect-function} or by enabling it by default by >> setting >> +@samp{default_gnu_indirect_function} variable for a particular >> architecture in >> +gcc source file @file{gcc/config.gcc}. > > Maybe use this text instead? > 6808c16e2d067c8137fa9eae6078dc55c5d355c6 > For multi-arch support it is recommended to use a GCC which has been > built with support for GNU indirect functions. This ensures that > correct debugging information is generated for functions selected by > IFUNC resolvers. This support can either be enabled by configuring GCC > with @samp{--enable-gnu-indirect-function}, or by enabling it by default > by setting @samp{default_gnu_indirect_function} variable for a > particular architecture in the GCC source file @file{gcc/config.gcc}. > Okay. I've updated install-files and I'll use this updated text also for the NEWS entry. > > The configure check looks okay to me. Some existing checks use > AC_TRY_COMPILE, others use the manual expansion you provided. > > Thanks, > Florian >