* mv stallman /dev/null
@ 2018-05-09 17:36 cbw5b1+5fsoi8vmxmlg
From: cbw5b1+5fsoi8vmxmlg @ 2018-05-09 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

This discussion about abort joke is,at the very least, shameful.

Olivier ran the rules and arbitrarily reversed the patch. It's proved that GNU project is not a democracy and only Stallman's will can prevail.

This is not first time we have such a controversy. Libreboot homophobic views are a great example.

That joke is inapropriate and GLibC is not an US-only project: it's used worldwide, so, not all share the American point of view.

If someone put "mv atheists hell" in mv manpage would Stallman like it? If a manpage had set brazil=sh*t, would Oliva like it?

GNU is a dictatorship. The only freedom we have is follow Stallman will.

----
Sent using Guerrillamail.com
Block or report abuse: https://www.guerrillamail.com//abuse/?a=TUh2BkABT6QdiS6n%2F2sNcRHQTNiVnNhCwA%3D%3D

* Re: mv stallman /dev/null
@ 2018-05-10 12:54 ` Torvald Riegel
From: Torvald Riegel @ 2018-05-10 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cbw5b1+5fsoi8vmxmlg; +Cc: libc-alpha

On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 17:36 +0000, cbw5b1+5fsoi8vmxmlg@guerrillamail.com
wrote:
> This discussion about abort joke is,at the very least, shameful.

Your statement, as is, potentially insults all participants of the
discussion.  That's probably not what you wanted to say.  (And
generally, no insults.)

> It's proved that GNU project is not a democracy and only Stallman's will can prevail.

There's no proof of that.

> If someone put "mv atheists hell" in mv manpage would Stallman like it? If a manpage had set brazil=sh*t, would Oliva like it?

Personal attacks have no place on this mailing list.  You can make
similar examples for the abstract point you try to make (which is, I
guess, that one can build inappropriate "jokes" that target any person)
without having to attack specific people.