On 13 Mar 2016 15:16, Nix wrote: > With all the machinery we just added, we can easily arrange to work even > when the compiler passes in -fstack-protector automatically: all the > necessary bits of glibc are always compiled with -fno-stack-protector > now. > > So tear out the check in configure, and add appropriate calls to > -fno-stack-protector in tests that need them (largely those that use > -nostdlib), since we don't yet have a __stack_chk_fail() that those > tests can rely upon. (GCC often provides one, but we cannot rely on > this, especially not when bootstrapping.) looks ok to me -mike