On 12 Apr 2016 04:17, Mike Frysinger wrote: > On 12 Apr 2016 10:13, Florian Weimer wrote: > > On 04/12/2016 09:40 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > > tr_CY: changing TR to CY > > > > This seems potentially politically fraught. What license plates do cars > > use in Northern part of Cyprus? > > no idea, but CLDR+world (-Turkey) only have the territory "Cyprus" i'd rather not have glibc be the arbiter in ugly political quagmires like this because it'll be a huge time sink and we'll never please everyone. CLDR defines tr_CY as "the Turkish language in Cyprus". as there are people who speak Turkish in all of Cyprus, trying to repurpose tr_CY to mean something other than Cyprus (Northern Cyprus in this case) means the Turkish speakers not in Northern Cyprus no longer have a locale that applies to them. if the self-declared Northern Cyprus want locales that apply to their territory, then they can push for it in various bodies to get a new territory created. then creating locales for them (e.g. if it were NCY, then we'd have en_NCY, el_NCY, and tr_NCY) is straightforward. -mike