On 22 Apr 2016 15:42, Chris Leonard wrote: > I can't pretend that I have gone through the details or done any of my > own due diligence, but I am inclined to endorse as a good-faith > effort. I must admit it feels like a scary large (cross-cutting) > patch and on a field that frequently draws complaints, but I don't > think that an incremental approach would serve any purpose in this > case, so perhaps it is best to just rip off the band-aid all-at-once > and see what happens to people's calendar programs out there. It > could either cause a big sigh of relief or absolute mayhem for end > users, but I think it is going to be fairly visible, so we should hear > back one way or the other. i forgot to mention it in the commit message, but i did a spot check with `cal` and the vast majority of locales rendered the same. the few that didn't (i want to say <10) i double checked and they all seemed like we wanted the change. i agree that just letting users post feedback is OK. -mike