On 23 May 2016 14:43, Florian Weimer wrote: > Currently, Bugzilla is configured to require a comment for a transition > to RESOLVED. Previously, this was only enforced for some RESOLVED > combinations (such as RESOLVED/FIXED). But now it seems to be required > for all states, including RESOLVED/INVALID. > > Is this really what we want? I assume closing other people's bugs > requires editbugs group membership, and we can probably trust those > people to add a comment when necessary. > > What do you think? Should we get rid of the RESOLVED-needs-comment > requirement? i tend to agree. if someone wants to misbehave, they can just use "." to bypass the check (and this has happened in the past). -mike