On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 09:23:26AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote: > On Jan 07 2018, "Dmitry V. Levin" wrote: > > > As the underlying getcwd syscall, starting with linux commit > > v2.6.36-rc1~96^2~2, may succeed without returning an absolute path, > > check for the path returned by syscall and fail with EACCES if the path > > is not absolute. > > When we still used /proc we just fell through to the generic getcwd in > that case. Sure, but the generic getcwd sets errno to ENOENT in this case. Do you suppose that ENOENT is more appropriate than EACCES? -- ldv