* glibc 2.28 status --- Most recent gcc and binutils used?
@ 2018-07-28  0:20 Carlos O'Donell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2018-07-28  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU C Library

Community,

I'm updating manual/install.texi.

We currently list the following versions of tools as recently tested:

General:
* gmake 4.0
* gcc (no specific newest tested version listed)
* binutils 2.29.1
* texinfo 6.5
* gawk 4.2.0
* bison 3.0.4
* perl 5
* sed 4.4

Pretty printers:
* python 2.7.6, or 3.4.3
* PExpect 4.0
* gdb 7.8

If you have used a version of these tools that is newer than on this
list, please tell me which version, and if your build worked, such
that I can update the expected versions to work list.

I'd really like to get GCC updated to list a specific newest version
that works to compile glibc, likewise with binutils.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Carlos.