On 20/08/28 02:12, Arsen Arsenović via Libc-alpha wrote: > Excuse me, I sent this message, by mistake, to Paul directly, without CCing the > mailing list. To further discussion, I am reposting this. I'm sorry for the > inconvenience: > > > I agree they should be open. But it's better for FD 0 to be write-only and > > FDs 1+2 to be read-only, as that's more likely to prevent buggy programs > > from misbehaving further. > Since I agree with this too, we have an agreement on what should happen(?): > 1) update comments in the patch to be more specific > 2) ensure "wrong direction" opens are used to detect errors (like they were > originally) > > I can do this tomorrow in spare time, if that is what the team sees as the > right thing to do. I'm waiting for further comments in case I missed something. > > -- > Arsen Arsenović ping^2 -- Arsen Arsenović