On 2022-11-12 04:28 +0000, Sam James wrote: > > > > On 12 Nov 2022, at 04:20, Wookey wrote: > > > > Distros need to co-ordinate on this. If there are going to be new > > triplets for the 'LFS and 64_bit timet' ABI(s) then we should agree on > > them and use them. If distros are happy to migrate to these ABIs > > within the existing arm-linux-gnueabihf and i386-linux-gnu (or > > i686-linux-gnu) then we should do that. > > > > If half the distros migrate within the existing triplet and the rest use > > a new one, that sounds like a recipie for much confusion. > > > > 100%. And also on sharing patches and known problems > and experience with the migration. All of it! OK. It seems that the time is right to have this conversation. So we should agree on a place to do it. We have used the linaro cross-distro list in the past as it is intended for this sort of cross-cutting discussions. I can't think of a better place? https://lists.linaro.org/mailman3/lists/cross-distro.lists.linaro.org/ Some of the right people are probably already there, but we should encourage others with relevant expertise to join. Wookey -- Principal hats: Debian, Wookware, ARM http://wookware.org/