At 2022-12-28T00:33:13+0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote: > The only problem with arc4random() is the lack of repeatability. When > testing a program with random data, you'll need repeatable results. > For that, rand(3) Just Works. When you want unpredictable results, > you just seed it with some really random value, and you're fine. You > need to be careful to not introduce bias, but there's nothing better > in libc. It would be nice if libc provided a rand_uniform(3) variant > of rand(3), BTW. Permit me to counsel against that last proposed name. In probability theory "uniform" is already widely and well understood to indicate the nature of the distribution. A "uniform" distribution is one in which each outcome is precisely equally likely. rand_deterministic() would get the right idea across but is lengthy. Regards, Branden P.S. I asked Bertrand to tag groff 1.23.0.rc2 earlier today. Happy belated Boxing Day. ;-)