Am Montag, 29. Januar 2024, 23:10:41 CET schrieb Jakub Jelinek: > On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 09:30:19PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote: > > On Mon, 29 Jan 2024, Jakub Jelinek wrote: > > > > > Most of the other tests (except the tests for side-effects in arguments) > > > have constant arguments and so can be folded very early during compilation, > > > even the side-effects in arguments tests can be folded soon when optimizing, > > > so these functions were just an attempt to make sure the macros can be > > > compiled/linked when the arguments are certainly not known. > > > But if you think it isn't worth checking that or if it is already tested by > > > some other test, I can remove that. > > > > I think the existing tests adequately cover non-constant arguments > > (non-constant unless you unroll the test loop and extract the arguments > > from a const array of structures then propagate from the variable storing > > them after loading from the array, that is). What the existing tests > > don't actually cover for standard types (and this new test does cover) is > > constant arguments. > > Ok, removed that part of the test. > > > Note that as we're currently in release freeze for glibc 2.39, a new > > feature change such as this should probably only go in before 2.39 is > > released with the approval of Andreas K. Hüttel as release manager (while > > if going in after 2.39 is released, the new feature of unsigned __int128 / > > unsigned _BitInt support should get a NEWS entry for 2.40). > > Andreas, your thoughts on whether this can be added to 2.39 or needs to wait > for 2.40? It is an extension to a new feature (stdbit.h has been added on > 3rd of January) and doesn't have ABI consequences. Hi Jakub, let's please do this after the release (i.e. for 2.40). I plan to branch tomorrow or wednesday, which means there is barely any time for wider testing anymore. Thanks! A -- Andreas K. Hüttel dilfridge@gentoo.org Gentoo Linux developer (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)