Hi Joseph, On 1/20/23 18:49, Joseph Myers wrote: > On Fri, 20 Jan 2023, Alejandro Colomar via Libc-alpha wrote: > >> This patch fixes sockaddr_storage to remove UB on its uses and make it >> that structure that everybody should be using. It also allows removing >> many casts in code that needs to pass a sockaddr as a side effect. > > This patch only changes the fallback version of bits/socket.h that would > be used by a new OS port that doesn't have its own, not either of the > versions that any current glibc port actually uses > (sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/socket.h and > sysdeps/mach/hurd/bits/socket.h). Hi Joseph! Thanks; I didn't notice about those. It seems that patching those is not so trivial, since bits/socket.h is included by the headers that provide the specialized sockaddr_* types. I guess we need to move sockaddr_{in,in6,un} to bits/ headers, right? Cheers, Alex > --