* Volunteer for release manager for glibc 2.38?
@ 2023-03-01 15:30 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-03-01 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Szabolcs Nagy, Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan,
	DJ Delorie, Stefan Liebler, Andreas K. Huettel, Sam James,
	Michael Hudson-Doyle, Andreas Schwab

Community,

On August 1st 2023, in 5 months, we want to release glibc 2.38.

I am looking for a volunteer who would like to be the release
manager for the release.

The release manager process is documented here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release

I am offering to mentor anyone who wants to learn the upstream
release manager process, and help the community run the release.

This mentorship can be in the form of email, IRC, matrix, video,
etc, whatever you might need to support running the release
process.

Every time we have a new person run through the process it gets
better.

The new perspective and opinions make the process better :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Volunteer for release manager for glibc 2.38?
@ 2023-03-02 16:49 ` Adhemerval Zanella Netto
From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto @ 2023-03-02 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, libc-alpha, Szabolcs Nagy,
	Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan, DJ Delorie, Stefan Liebler,

On 01/03/23 12:30, Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha wrote:
> Community,
>
> On August 1st 2023, in 5 months, we want to release glibc 2.38.
>
> I am looking for a volunteer who would like to be the release
> manager for the release.
>
> The release manager process is documented here:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release
>
> I am offering to mentor anyone who wants to learn the upstream
> release manager process, and help the community run the release.
>
> This mentorship can be in the form of email, IRC, matrix, video,
> etc, whatever you might need to support running the release
> process.
>
> Every time we have a new person run through the process it gets
> better.
>
> The new perspective and opinions make the process better :-)

Hi Carlos,

I can work on this for next release if no one else want to step
in.

* Re: Volunteer for release manager for glibc 2.38?
@ 2023-03-23 13:37   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-03-23 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha, Szabolcs Nagy,

On 3/2/23 11:49, Adhemerval Zanella Netto wrote:

> On 01/03/23 12:30, Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha wrote:
>> Community,
>>
>> On August 1st 2023, in 5 months, we want to release glibc 2.38.
>>
>> I am looking for a volunteer who would like to be the release
>> manager for the release.
>>
>> The release manager process is documented here:
>> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release
>>
>> I am offering to mentor anyone who wants to learn the upstream
>> release manager process, and help the community run the release.
>>
>> This mentorship can be in the form of email, IRC, matrix, video,
>> etc, whatever you might need to support running the release
>> process.
>>
>> Every time we have a new person run through the process it gets
>> better.
>>
>> The new perspective and opinions make the process better :-)
>>

> Hi Carlos,
>
> I can work on this for next release if no one else want to step
> in.

I haven't had any further volunteers. You ran 2.33, but I'm happy to provide
support and coaching for all the documented steps! :-)

--

@ 2023-03-25 19:55     ` Andreas K. Huettel
From: Andreas K. Huettel @ 2023-03-25 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha, Szabolcs Nagy,
  Cc: Carlos O'Donell

Am Donnerstag, 23. März 2023, 14:37:05 CET schrieb Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha:

> I haven't had any further volunteers. You ran 2.33, but I'm happy to provide
> support and coaching for all the documented steps! :-)

As already discussed in private with Carlos and Adhemerval, I'd like to volunteer
for 2.38 if there are no objections.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfridge@gentoo.org

* Re: Volunteer for release manager for glibc 2.38?
@ 2023-03-27 14:47       ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2023-03-27 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas K. Huettel, Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha,
	Szabolcs Nagy, Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan, DJ Delorie,
	Stefan Liebler, Sam James, Michael Hudson-Doyle, Andreas Schwab
  Cc: Carlos O'Donell

On 2023-03-25 15:55, Andreas K. Huettel via Libc-alpha wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. März 2023, 14:37:05 CET schrieb Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha:
>>
>> I haven't had any further volunteers. You ran 2.33, but I'm happy to provide
>> support and coaching for all the documented steps! :-)
>>

> As already discussed in private with Carlos and Adhemerval, I'd like to volunteer
> for 2.38 if there are no objections.

You'll probably need write access for the repo then.

Sid

* Re: Volunteer for release manager for glibc 2.38?
@ 2023-03-27 15:59         ` Andreas K. Huettel
From: Andreas K. Huettel @ 2023-03-27 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha, Szabolcs Nagy,
	Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan, DJ Delorie, Stefan Liebler,
	Sam James, Michael Hudson-Doyle, Andreas Schwab,
	Siddhesh Poyarekar
  Cc: Carlos O'Donell

Am Montag, 27. März 2023, 16:47:21 CEST schrieb Siddhesh Poyarekar:
> > As already discussed in private with Carlos and Adhemerval, I'd like to volunteer
> > for 2.38 if there are no objections.
>
> You'll probably need write access for the repo then.

Aware of that, yes. :)

I have a sourceware account, but it's only approved for binutils so far.

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfridge@gentoo.org

* Re: Volunteer for release manager for glibc 2.38?
@ 2023-03-27 16:08           ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2023-03-27 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas K. Huettel, Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha,
  Cc: Carlos O'Donell

On 2023-03-27 11:59, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. März 2023, 16:47:21 CEST schrieb Siddhesh Poyarekar:
>>> As already discussed in private with Carlos and Adhemerval, I'd like to volunteer
>>> for 2.38 if there are no objections.
>>
>> You'll probably need write access for the repo then.
>
> Aware of that, yes. :)
>
> I have a sourceware account, but it's only approved for binutils so far.

Please make a request for glibc too, I'll be happy to approve.

Thanks,
Sid

* Re: Volunteer for release manager for glibc 2.38?
@ 2023-03-29 18:35       ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-03-29 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas K. Huettel, Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha,

On 3/25/23 15:55, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. März 2023, 14:37:05 CET schrieb Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha:
>>
>> I haven't had any further volunteers. You ran 2.33, but I'm happy to provide
>> support and coaching for all the documented steps! :-)
>>

> As already discussed in private with Carlos and Adhemerval, I'd like to volunteer
> for 2.38 if there are no objections.

Andreas,

Thank you again for volunteering!

I am incredibly excited to have a new perspective on the process and to improve the steps.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.