On 05/17/2018 11:06 PM, Joseph Myers wrote: > Does this use of 64-bit time_t fix bug 19738 ("__tzfile_default 32-bit > time_t overflow")? If it does, we should add a testcase for that bug then > resolve it as FIXED in 2.28. Looks like it. Here's a test case which fails before on i386 (assuming that the system posixrules file as the required contents) and passes afterwards. I would call the bug fixed because dates where the overflow occurs with a 64-bit (internal) time_t are after the expected life-time of the sun, where daylight savings time is certainly meaningless. Thanks, Florian