Hi, On 11/27/22 12:44, Mike Frysinger via Libc-alpha wrote: > On 26 Nov 2022 19:56, Seija K. via Libc-alpha wrote: >> The format value has to be a string literal, every time. Otherwise, you are >> not using these functions correctly. To reinforce this fact, I put >> __restrict over every example of this I could find. > > there's at least some redundant settings in here that aren't needed. for > example, the strptime prototype in time/time.h has restrict on fmt already, > so it isn't needed in time/strptime.c. > -mike I just confirmed that neither clang(1) nor clang-tidy(1) emit any warnings (with warnings to -Weverything and checks to *) at all if only the prototype has restrict. So yes, it seems redundant. Cheers, Alex --