Hi Adhemerval, 13.04.2023 23:09, Adhemerval Zanella Netto пишет: > It is being tiring to work with your proposal because Rich already > brought the inherent issue of exposing the loader internals for ELF > objects [1] about 10 years ago, My proposal did not exist 10 years ago. Maybe we all do not properly document our proposals or an objections. So let me ask you to please refer to a particular comment rather than to some 10 years ago thread, and then carefully document how can that be the problem in my patches. I think its a fair ask, e.g. Szabolcs asked me for a more precise spec - I write. We progress. Why can't you write the objections in a detalization level that is enough to make a progress? I admit you probably couldn't do that initially, because I poorly documented my API. But when Carlos asked for a more detailed spec, I did. Now you can express your objections in a detailed manner, let me even attach the prev API draft to help you doing that. Of course this draft will be simplified a lot, but for such a "generic" objections please use its current form. > Szabolcs and myself are constantly > trying to say that is not good libc interface (regardless it solved > your specific problem), And regardless that it was never even discussed. Part of the failure is on me: I wrote an API draft only when Carlos asked, I should probably do that before anything else. Sorry, I am a novice. But its written now for quite long, so why nothing changes? > and even Jonathan tried to explore different > alternatives. I am thankful to Jonathon for doing that. Unfortunately I am unsatisfied with the proposal of intercepting glibc's internal mmap()s on a syscall level, and binding a non-trivial (I mean, very non-trivial!) logic on them. But I am thankful he proved this is even possible, as I was confident in an otherwise. > The main problem is no one from glibc is comfortable, including myself, > to maintain and work with this interface. Which no one, besides Szabolcs, have actually even looked into? It is attached to this e-mail. Why not to make the complains direct and precise? > I don't want to maintain > another interface with a lot of corner cases. I have expressed the plans at removing all the corner cases that Szabolcs pointed to. If you point more, I'll definitely take an actions. Off-loading the biggest part to RTLD_NORELOC will reduce the proposal considerably, avoid the callback and most of other complexity, so why such a prejudice? Why can't we just discuss, amend, see what happens? > Also the way approaching the glibc community, by not listening to > criticism and ignoring multiple remarks; I wonder if Szabolcs also thinks I ignore his remarks. If you think I ignore yours, then either that was a misunderstanding on my part, or they were not referring to my API proposal (which is attached), or something else from that line, but definitely not my reluctance to change the proposal. I want to address every possible problem raised, but unfortunately so far I only see the problems raised by Szabolcs. He details them well and targets over my API proposals. Its immediately obvious what does he mean, and after his last review I spent a full month (!) just thinking how to get rid of a call-back, and finally got to this RTLD_NORELOC proposal as a result. > saying that you have addresses > the comments without any ack; That's a bit strange. Yes, I do some actions based on a comments I get, then post the new RFC and write in a log that I addressed this and that. If there is a further complain, i can re-do what I thought to be addressed, and replace it with something I believe now addresses the comment. Its an iterative process, misunderstanding happens, etc. Of course if the policy is to not write "addressed this and that comment" before getting an ACK, then I will no longer do that, and write "tried to address this and that, hope its now better". > or flooding the maillist with multiple > version without addressing previous feedback is really, and I want to > stress the really here, tiring. Ok, should I post the next drafts to the bugzilla then, if flooding ML is bad? Its not a problem, really! You tell me what to do, I do. Why such a policy things are even becoming a problems? I didn't mean to offend anyone by flooding the ML, I'll post to bugzilla, and I don't want you to be offended on me just because of that. :)