* Buildbot improvements
@ 2021-07-13 18:18 Adhemerval Zanella
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2021-07-13 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell, Libc-alpha

Hi DJ,

First thanks for setting up the CL/CI initiative for the glibc buildbots,
it is really helpful.  Carlos has asked to reach you to improve the
trybots dump log, so it would include additional information the patch
sender might use to reproduce the issue.

One thing is the configure line, either the config.log from configure or
at least the command itself (similar to what build-many-glibcs.py do).
I think build system information, such as compiler version and other tools,
can be inferred from the make.log.

Another thing is the machine information itself, such the architecture,
the kernel, and other pieces that might help the developer to figure out
the possible cause of the regression.

Another nice thing to have would be to dump a line where one could use
to download the container used to run the tests to reproduce it locally
(it would still be subject to underlying kernel).

Besides this I think you might want to tune the container your are using,
since a recent regression [1] seems to be a limitation of the total number
of threads (I have seem it before running glibc make check insider docker
containers).

https://www.delorie.com/trybots/32bit/2492/nptl-tst-audit-threads.out