* C.UTF-8 review
@ 2021-07-14 11:57 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2021-07-14 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: libc-alpha

Carlos,

I reviewed your changes on the codonell/c-utf8 branch and have some
comments.

I believe the replacement character should U+FFFD REPLACEMENT CHARACTER,
not U+003F QUESTION MARK:

+% Include the neutral transliterations.  The builtin C and
+% POSIX locales have +1600 transliterations that are built into
+% the locales, and these are a superset of those.
+translit_start
+include "translit_neutral";""
+default_missing <U003F>
+translit_end

I guess this menas that C and C.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE diverge.

The strcmp_collation keyword is reasonably explicit.  I would appreciate
if we could produce an error if it is used along with other collation
directives.  Right now, those are silently ignored.

There is a trailing newline in localedata/locales/C.

But overall it's very nice.  We should have shipped this many years ago.

Thanks,
Florian