On 05/12/2017 10:30 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote: > On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Joseph Myers wrote: >> On Fri, 12 May 2017, Florian Weimer wrote: >> >>> On 05/12/2017 02:37 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote: >>>> This semi-mechanical patch removes all uses and definitions of the >>>> sfi_breg, sfi_pld, and sfi_sp macros from various ARM-specific >>>> assembly files. These were only used by NaCl. Please read carefully, >>>> I don't have any ARM hardware to test this patch on and I may have >>>> screwed up my regular expressions. >>> >>> I did a build on an armv7l-redhat-linux-gnueabihf system, and the libc.so.6 >>> file had identical disassembly before and after the build, so I assume that >>> this is okay. >> >> Yes, it's OK given that testing and the removal of the NaCl port itself. >> >> (There are several other defines in sysdeps/arm/nacl/arm-features.h that >> are never defined for non-NaCl, or have constant definitions for non-NaCl >> - ARM_ALWAYS_BX, ARM_BX_ALIGN_LOG2, ARM_NO_INDEX_REGISTER - and which >> should probably be cleaned up as well eventually in separate patches, but >> the sfi_* are by far the most invasive. ARM_ASSUME_NO_IWMMXT is only >> defined for NaCl at present, but logically could be defined for all builds >> for ARMv6 and later (__ARM_ARCH >= 6, given GCC 4.8 or later or the >> __ARM_ARCH emulation in sysdep.h) as iWMMXt is only on certain v5TE >> processors. NO_THUMB is more complicated in that only NaCl defines it in >> arm-features.h, but some individual .S files define it as well.) > > I think I would prefer to leave that work to ARM port maintainers. > > I will wait until next Friday (the 19th) for objections before pushing > these changes. As there were no objections, these patches have now been merged to master. zw