* Seeking feedback for the adoption of a Code of Conduct for glibc.
@ 2023-11-06 22:28 Carlos O'Donell
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-11-06 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Paul Eggert, Joseph Myers, Jakub Jelinek,
	Ryan S. Arnold, Alexandre Oliva, Andreas Schwab, Maxim Kuvyrkov

It is critical that we support the growing and continued diversity of our
community by providing in writing the expectations that we have for our
conduct.

With both gcc [1] and binutils [2] having adopted a CoC I have created a
glibc Code of Conduct based on the one for gcc.

Over the course of the next month (November) I would like to get feedback
from the community about adopting a CoC.

I would like to hear from the other project stewards on this decision.

Drafts of all the documents are available on the glibc wiki:

"glibc Code of Conduct"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/CoC/Conduct

"glibc Code of Conduct Response Guide"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/CoC/ResponseGuide

"glibc Code of Conduct Reporting Guide"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/CoC/ReportingGuidelines

"glibc Code of Conduct Committee"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/CoC/Committee

"glibc Code of Conduct FAQ"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/CoC/FAQ

"glibc CoCC Transparency Reports"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/CoC/TransparencyReports (empty boiler plate)

Thank you for all of your support and for reviewing these documents.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/conduct.html