* Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-22 13:34 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2020-04-22 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Siddhesh Poyarekar

Siddhesh,

What's the status of patchwork on the new sourceware server?

I really miss using it to lookup patches to review :-(

How can I help?

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-22 16:36 ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2020-04-22 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, libc-alpha

On 22/04/20 19:04, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Siddhesh,
>
> What's the status of patchwork on the new sourceware server?
>
> I really miss using it to lookup patches to review :-(
>
> How can I help?

Ah sorry, I forgot about it again :/

The migration is more or less done, I only need to fix up foreign keys
in the schema since they failed during the database migration.  I
suspect it's a permissions issue; the schema user permissions may need
tweaking.

Once that is fixed up I will work with Frank to set up a reverse proxy
for patchwork since we agreed that's the best way to get it up and
running since WSGI was turning out to be a bother to set up.

I'm free this weekend so will try to finish this.

Siddhesh

* Re: Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-22 16:51   ` Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2020-04-22 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell, libc-alpha

Siddhesh,

> I'm free this weekend so will try to finish this.

 Do you have an idea if the new version of patchwork handles submitter's
e-mail address rewriting correctly, presumably by using the `Reply-To'
header if present and `From' indicates the originating mailing list?

 As you may have noticed rewriting has been introduced with the migration
of sourceware.org to the new setup, and it has broken all the existing
patchwork instances we have for the various pieces of the GNU toolchain,
i.e. you cannot manage your own patches anymore (if you manage to track
them down in patchwork in the first place, that is) unless you have been
nominated a maintainer for the respective package in patchwork.

 I have raised the issue with overseers the other day, but there has been
no outcome yet.

 I realise the problem can be worked around with a `From' override, but
that's annoying, as you need to remember doing it with your submissions.

  Maciej

* Re: Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-22 16:57     ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2020-04-22 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maciej W. Rozycki via Libc-alpha; +Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, Maciej W. Rozycki

* Maciej W. Rozycki via Libc-alpha:

> Siddhesh,
>
>> I'm free this weekend so will try to finish this.
>
>  Do you have an idea if the new version of patchwork handles submitter's
> e-mail address rewriting correctly, presumably by using the `Reply-To'
> header if present and `From' indicates the originating mailing list?
>
>  As you may have noticed rewriting has been introduced with the migration
> of sourceware.org to the new setup, and it has broken all the existing
> patchwork instances we have for the various pieces of the GNU toolchain,
> i.e. you cannot manage your own patches anymore (if you manage to track
> them down in patchwork in the first place, that is) unless you have been
> nominated a maintainer for the respective package in patchwork.
>
>  I have raised the issue with overseers the other day, but there has been
> no outcome yet.
>
>  I realise the problem can be worked around with a `From' override, but
> that's annoying, as you need to remember doing it with your submissions.

It might be possible by routing list mail to both Patchwork and
Mailman, rather than subscribing Patchwork to Mailman in a regular
fashion.

* Re: Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-23 14:11     ` Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho
From: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho @ 2020-04-23 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maciej W. Rozycki, Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: libc-alpha

"Maciej W. Rozycki via Libc-alpha" <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> writes:

>> I'm free this weekend so will try to finish this.
>
>  Do you have an idea if the new version of patchwork handles submitter's
> e-mail address rewriting correctly, presumably by using the `Reply-To'
> header if present and `From' indicates the originating mailing list?

The latest version (v2.2.1, released Apr. 14th) is able to handle it:
https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/commit/8279a84238c10acbcadd075e4e998dffdc39f2e9

--
Tulio Magno

* Re: Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-23 15:05       ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2020-04-23 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho, Maciej W. Rozycki; +Cc: libc-alpha

On 23/04/20 19:41, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:
> "Maciej W. Rozycki via Libc-alpha" <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> writes:
>
>>> I'm free this weekend so will try to finish this.
>>
>>  Do you have an idea if the new version of patchwork handles submitter's
>> e-mail address rewriting correctly, presumably by using the `Reply-To'
>> header if present and `From' indicates the originating mailing list?
>
> The latest version (v2.2.1, released Apr. 14th) is able to handle it:
> https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/commit/8279a84238c10acbcadd075e4e998dffdc39f2e9

Thanks for you help with that Tulio, I didn't know the answer to that
off the top of my head :)

It doesn't look like the patchwork mail script is working either btw, so
I'm going to have to hack around that too, likely after the foreign key
fixes lest I break the db irreparably.

Siddhesh

* Re: Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-23 15:16         ` Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho
From: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho @ 2020-04-23 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar, Maciej W. Rozycki; +Cc: libc-alpha

Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> writes:

>>>  Do you have an idea if the new version of patchwork handles submitter's
>>> e-mail address rewriting correctly, presumably by using the `Reply-To'
>>> header if present and `From' indicates the originating mailing list?
>>
>> The latest version (v2.2.1, released Apr. 14th) is able to handle it:
>> https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/commit/8279a84238c10acbcadd075e4e998dffdc39f2e9
>>

> Thanks for you help with that Tulio, I didn't know the answer to that
> off the top of my head :)
>
> It doesn't look like the patchwork mail script is working either btw, so
> I'm going to have to hack around that too, likely after the foreign key
> fixes lest I break the db irreparably.

If you decide to go with this version, notice there has been an important fix:
https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/commit/a9717565031e5a81f2fa7d690e7f6d13e681e3f8

--
Tulio Magno

* Re: Status of patchwork?
@ 2020-04-28  1:50 ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2020-04-28  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, libc-alpha

An update on the status so far:

- I have finally finished migrating the database fully; the failed
foreign keys were because many of the tables had incorrect engines
(MyISAM instead of InnoDB) most likely due to the ancient version of
mysql in the previous sourceware machine.  It is all fixed up now and
should be consistent with the django models in patchwork.

- I have updated the patchwork instance to the tip of 2.2 stable branch.
 This includes all fixes for the `From` header issues in mailman.

- Some infrastructure and permissions bits need to be fixed up to get
the instance available on patchwork.sourceware.org.  I am working with
Frank on this and will hopefully get it done soon.  Once the instance is
up, Ill pipe in all the missing emails so that we have all patches in
the system.

- We need to add git hooks to update patch status automatically

Finally we will need to figure out how to retire all patches in the
instance that have already gone in or have been dropped.

Siddhesh