On 06/30/2016 11:32 AM, Rical Jasan wrote: >> > +#ifndef _SYS_RANDOM_H >> > +#define _SYS_RANDOM_H > Isn't there a preferred way of doing this that defines _SYS_RANDOM_H to > 1? I seem to remember a wiki page that talked about protecting against > typos. This might defeat the header guard optimization. Existing practice varies, some headers use 1, some don't. > How strict is the coding style about unnecessary parentheses? I prefer adding braces to if statements if they are nested and some have else branches. > Really though, reading the code, it made sense to me. Thanks. I'm attaching a version with your comments (not rebased to 2.25 though). We may need this code again if we ever implement a arc4random-style interface. (I think the consensus for getrandom is to add only a thin wrapper around the system call, if we are going to add it at all.) Florian