Hi, I was reading rawmemchr(3), and found some funny text: RETURN VALUE The memchr() and memrchr() functions return a pointer to the matching byte or NULL if the character does not occur in the given memory area. The rawmemchr() function returns a pointer to the matching byte, if one is found. If no matching byte is found, the result is unspecified. Of course, if the byte is not found, the result is not unspecified, but rather undefined, and a crash is very likely so maybe there's not even a result. I thought this might be a thinko of the manual page, but the glibc manual seems to have similar text: " The rawmemchr function exists for just this situation which is surprisingly frequent. The interface is similar to memchr except that the size parameter is missing. The function will look beyond the end of the block pointed to by block in case the programmer made an error in assuming that the byte c is present in the block. In this case the result is unspecified. Otherwise the return value is a pointer to the located byte. " That test can't be true, and the result of that function when there's no match can't be anything other than UB, and likely a crash. Please fix the doc. Cheers, Alex --