On Tue Jun 22 2021, Adhemerval Zanella wrote: > Besides what Florian has explained about __ASSUME_* macros, another issue we > have static initialization for pthread_mutex. So the syscall probe only > works for dynamic initialization (where caller issue a pthread_mutex_init). > > I view this as an inconsistent behavior and I don't have a straightforward > solution that won't result in a performance penalization for common cases > (it would require to probe for FUTEX_LOCK_PI2 *and* FUTEX_LOCK_PI). > > Instead I think we should move the possible error on the slow path and let > the kernel advertise it any missing support. OK, good. That makes the timedlock implementation straight forward. I implemented it and started testing now with different Linux kernels. A new version of patch set should be ready next week or so. Thanks, Kurt