* DJ Delorie via Libc-alpha: > I've been working on updating glibc for Fedora Rawhide, and have > stumbled upon this issue (after working around the -Wuse-after-free > issues with a cflags hack)... A few of the math tests explicitly add > -mlong-double-64 but configure adds -mabi=ibmlongdouble > > I would guess that we need a "CFLAGS -= -mabi=ibmlongdouble" in all > the places we add -mlong-double-64 but I don't see an easy way of > doing that, nor am I sure that's a valid solution. Alternately, gcc > could be changed to accept the conflicting flags in a meaningful way, > if there is one. Is there an -mabi= that undoes the > -mabi=ibmlongdouble that we can just add to the -mlong-double-64 flag > lines? > cc1: error: '-mabi=ibmlongdouble' requires '-mlong-double-128' I was able to reproduce with a GCC 12 build configured using --with-long-double-format=ieee. I tried the attached patch to remove the unwanted -mabi=ibmlongdouble, but it does not work: it removes CFLAGS-*.c processing as a side effect. Any suggestions how we can fix this properly? Thanks, Florian