Adhemerval Zanella Netto writes: >> FWIW, I have an interest in making a new port (as time permits...), so >> please also add an... >> >> #else >> # error "Update the port!" >> >> ... or such, if you choose to do that. >> > > The usual way now is to provide arch specific files through sysdep, so > if a new target does not provide it either build will fail (if it > includes direct or indirectly it) or by running the testsuite (which > run install on a temporary file at build directory). I meant a kernel port (i.e. a third contender besides Hurd and Linux). I might've misunderstood you, though, and this might not be moving something OS-specific out of sysdeps/ - if so, disregard. -- Arsen Arsenović