From: "Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <tuliom@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>
Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com>,
	GNU C Library <libc-alpha@sourceware.org>,
	Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs.nagy@arm.com>,
	Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>,
	Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>,
	Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>,
	Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf@mellanox.com>,
	Chung-Lin Tang <chunglin_tang@mentor.com>,
	Steven Munroe <sjmunroe@us.ibm.com>,
	Andreas Krebbel <krebbel@linux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>,
	Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org>,
	Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com>,
	Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>,
	Adam Conrad <adconrad@0c3.net>
Subject: Re: Basic requirements for supporting OS and machine ports.
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 14:51:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

> On Wed, 19 Apr 2017, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:
>
>> However, I think having public logs of the failures already help to find
>> regressions.

Not yet, but this is also possible.  We can create a tarball with all of the
files we want and upload it to the master:
http://docs.buildbot.net/0.8.9/manual/cfg-buildsteps.html#step-FileUpload

> But do we have logs that show the contents of the .out files for failed
> tests rather than just which tests failed?
>
>> > (We also don't have a way for buildbots to send test results to
>> > libc-testresults, but that would be a peripheral issue if someone were
>> > monitoring the results for regressions and they actually reliably produced
>> > results for each testsuite run instead of mysterious errors.)
>>
>> We can also configure that:
>> http://docs.buildbot.net/0.8.9/manual/cfg-statustargets.html#mailnotifier
>
> Well, we need a glibc-specific script to collect whatever information we
> think is relevant from the results of a test run for sending to
> libc-testresults (for use for both manual and buildbot builds).

Usually BuildBot would notify a build failed and send a link to the place
where you could get more information, including log files.  So it wouldn't
be necessary to send all of that data to the mailing list.

But it seems you want a much broader solution.  Could you elaborate what you'd
like to see in those messages?

--
Tulio Magno