From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>
To: libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org>
Subject: Monday Patch Queue Review update (2024-01-29)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 09:49:11 -0500	[thread overview]

Most recent meeting status is always here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update

Meeting: 2024-01-29 @ 0900h EST5EDT

Video/Audio: https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-alk-1uu-7fu

IRC: #glibc on OFTC.

Review new patches and restart review at the top.

 * State NEW delegate NOBODY is at 457 patches.
 * Carlos's SLI at 269 days average patch age in queue and 124257 accumulated patch days.
 * Reviewing blockers for glibc 2.39
 * Carlos: I wanted to answer the question that Andreas asked on IRC which was: "Can we but the release branch early?" The answer is Yes, if we feel we're ready we can do that.
 * Andreas: Only the s390x issue that we discovered late with --disable-multi-arch.
 * Carlos: Yes, 2.39 will just go out the door with this quirk which is that you must have multiarch enabled. Using --disable-multi-arch will break s390x.
 * Advisory format updates and release process updates are a release blocker
  * Carlos: I need to review this today, and will review ~1pm EDT.
 * Carlos new added test results since the 22nd:
  * tst-align3 failures on 32-bit ARM.
  * Update https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Tests/elf/tst-align3 with failure?
 * Andreas: Added loongarch failures. There are a lot of them.
 * Carlos: I wouldn't hold up the release for the failures seen on one specific Loongarch system e.g. gcc401.
 * https://portal.cfarm.net/tickets/ should be used for Compile Farm tickets.
 * The new failures for s390 FAIL: gmon/tst-gmon-pie, FAIL: gmon/tst-gmon-pie-gprof, are both gcc bugs.
 * Carlos: The 32-bit i686 failures on the old boxes look interesting.
 * Florian: Possible IFUNC selector bug.
 * Andreas: Will capture kernel dmesg to see which instruction causes the SIGILL.
 * Andreas: This is not a regression present since 2.38.
 * Ended meeting early. Carlos will review advisory discussion blocker.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.