On 08/17/2016 06:20 PM, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote: > On 17/08/16 18:19, Zack Weinberg wrote: >> anything I would like to hear about it. If anyone has any ideas for >> how to write a test that will start failing if a compiler ever learns >> to "see through" __glibc_read_memory, I would like to hear about that, >> too. (I can imagine a way to do it with gcc's scan-assembler tests, >> but we don't have those here.) > > Perhaps? https://plus.google.com/+MatthewDempsky/posts/KQHFBouxurX Ingenious! Done - patch 5/4 attached to this message, and also included in zack/explicit-bzero. I would fold this into patch 2 for landing, but it may be easier to review this way. (What is the preferred way to deal with user-namespace project branches that get rebased? The server won't let me push -f; I can delete the branch and recreate it but that seems ... not great.) zw