* Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.
@ 2022-08-22 21:22 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-08-22 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, caiyinyu, Xi Ruoyao, Adhemerval Zanella

Community,

I would like to us to appoint a maintainer for LoongArch.

All ports in glibc should have machine maintainers:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS

The responsibility of the machine maintainer is to test and support
the target machine in upstream glibc. Generally this includes reviewing
architecture specific patches from developers and helping test during
the release freeze.

Given that Caiyin Yu submitted the port I think that they would be
an excellent choice as maintainer.

Caiyin,

Would you be interested in being the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
machine architecture?

I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you have as
you support the machine port.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.
@ 2022-08-25  4:04 ` caiyinyu
From: caiyinyu @ 2022-08-25  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, libc-alpha, Xi Ruoyao, Adhemerval Zanella

在 2022/8/23 上午5:22, Carlos O'Donell 写道:
> Community,
>
> I would like to us to appoint a maintainer for LoongArch.
>
> All ports in glibc should have machine maintainers:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS
>
> The responsibility of the machine maintainer is to test and support
> the target machine in upstream glibc. Generally this includes reviewing
> architecture specific patches from developers and helping test during
> the release freeze.
>
> Given that Caiyin Yu submitted the port I think that they would be
> an excellent choice as maintainer.
>
> Caiyin,
>
> Would you be interested in being the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
> machine architecture?
>
> I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you have as
> you support the machine port.

I'm very happy to be the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch

machine architecture.

I have created an new glibc wiki account

with name Yinyu Cai and email caiyinyu@loongson.cn (the previous

account are gone) and I need to participate in the glibc wiki

to edit loongarch parts.

Thanks.

* Ping: Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.
@ 2022-08-31  9:00   ` caiyinyu
From: caiyinyu @ 2022-08-31  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, libc-alpha, Xi Ruoyao, Adhemerval Zanella

Gentle ping.

在 2022/8/25 下午12:04, caiyinyu 写道:

> 在 2022/8/23 上午5:22, Carlos O'Donell 写道:
>> Community,
>>
>> I would like to us to appoint a maintainer for LoongArch.
>>
>> All ports in glibc should have machine maintainers:
>> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS
>>
>> The responsibility of the machine maintainer is to test and support
>> the target machine in upstream glibc. Generally this includes reviewing
>> architecture specific patches from developers and helping test during
>> the release freeze.
>>
>> Given that Caiyin Yu submitted the port I think that they would be
>> an excellent choice as maintainer.
>>
>> Caiyin,
>>
>> Would you be interested in being the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
>> machine architecture?
>>
>> I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you have as
>> you support the machine port.
>>
> I'm very happy to be the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
>
> machine architecture.
>
> I have created an new glibc wiki account
>
> with name Yinyu Cai and email caiyinyu@loongson.cn (the previous
>
> account are gone) and I need to participate in the glibc wiki
>
> to edit loongarch parts.
>
> Thanks.

* Re: Ping: Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.
@ 2022-09-05 10:32     ` caiyinyu
From: caiyinyu @ 2022-09-05 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell

在 2022/8/31 下午5:00, caiyinyu 写道:
> Gentle ping.
>
> 在 2022/8/25 下午12:04, caiyinyu 写道:
>>
>> 在 2022/8/23 上午5:22, Carlos O'Donell 写道:
>>> Community,
>>>
>>> I would like to us to appoint a maintainer for LoongArch.
>>>
>>> All ports in glibc should have machine maintainers:
>>> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS
>>>
>>> The responsibility of the machine maintainer is to test and support
>>> the target machine in upstream glibc. Generally this includes reviewing
>>> architecture specific patches from developers and helping test during
>>> the release freeze.
>>>
>>> Given that Caiyin Yu submitted the port I think that they would be
>>> an excellent choice as maintainer.
>>>
>>> Caiyin,
>>>
>>> Would you be interested in being the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
>>> machine architecture?
>>>
>>> I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you have as
>>> you support the machine port.
>>>
>> I'm very happy to be the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
>>
>> machine architecture.
>>
>> I have created an new glibc wiki account
>>
>> with name Yinyu Cai and email caiyinyu@loongson.cn (the previous
>>
>> account are gone) and I need to participate in the glibc wiki
>>
>> to edit loongarch parts.
>>
>> Thanks.

Hi,

I am still not in the glibc wiki EditGroup.

I tried to upload files (More Actions -> Load) to update
LoongArch-related info

but failed and I need permission to do these things.

I'm new here, so if there are any mistakes, please let me know.

@ 2022-09-05 13:37       ` Adhemerval Zanella Netto
From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto @ 2022-09-05 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caiyinyu, libc-alpha; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell

On 05/09/22 07:32, caiyinyu wrote:

> 在 2022/8/31 下午5:00, caiyinyu 写道:
>> Gentle ping.
>>
>> 在 2022/8/25 下午12:04, caiyinyu 写道:
>>>
>>> 在 2022/8/23 上午5:22, Carlos O'Donell 写道:

>>> I'm very happy to be the glibc maintainer for the LoongArch
>>>
>>> machine architecture.
>>>
>>> I have created an new glibc wiki account
>>>
>>> with name Yinyu Cai and email caiyinyu@loongson.cn (the previous
>>>
>>> account are gone) and I need to participate in the glibc wiki
>>>
>>> to edit loongarch parts.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

> Hi,
>
> I am still not in the glibc wiki EditGroup.
>
> I tried to upload files (More Actions -> Load) to update LoongArch-related info
>
> but failed and I need permission to do these things.
>
> I'm new here, so if there are any mistakes, please let me know.
>
> Thanks.

I will check with Carlos tomorrow (he is on holiday today).

* Re: Ping: Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.
@ 2022-09-29 13:03         ` caiyinyu
From: caiyinyu @ 2022-09-29 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell

在 2022/9/5 下午9:37, Adhemerval Zanella Netto 写道:

> On 05/09/22 07:32, caiyinyu wrote:
>> 在 2022/8/31 下午5:00, caiyinyu 写道:
>>> Gentle ping.
>>>
>>> 在 2022/8/25 下午12:04, caiyinyu 写道:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am still not in the glibc wiki EditGroup.
>>
>> I tried to upload files (More Actions -> Load) to update LoongArch-related info
>>
>> but failed and I need permission to do these things.
>>
>> I'm new here, so if there are any mistakes, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks.
> I will check with Carlos tomorrow (he is on holiday today).

Gentle ping.

Name Yinyu Cai

email caiyinyu@loongson.cn

* Re: Ping: Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.
@ 2022-10-17  9:23         ` caiyinyu
From: caiyinyu @ 2022-10-17  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Carlos O'Donell

@ 2022-10-17 12:10           ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2022-10-17 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caiyinyu, Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha

On 2022-09-29 09:03, caiyinyu wrote:
>>> Thanks.
>> I will check with Carlos tomorrow (he is on holiday today).
>
> Gentle ping.
>
> Name Yinyu Cai
>
> email caiyinyu@loongson.cn

I've added "Yinyu Cai" to EditorGroup:

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/EditorGroup

Sid

* Re: Ping: Appointing an official maintainer for LoongArch.
@ 2022-10-17 13:23             ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-10-17 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar, caiyinyu, Adhemerval Zanella Netto, libc-alpha

On 10/17/22 08:10, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>>> I will check with Carlos tomorrow (he is on holiday today).
>>
>> Gentle ping.
>>
>> Name Yinyu Cai
>>
>> email caiyinyu@loongson.cn
>>

> I've added "Yinyu Cai" to EditorGroup:
>
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/EditorGroup

I've added Loongarch to the list of machines.

You should be able to add yourself now.

Sorry for the delay.

--
Cheers,