Hi Paul! On 1/17/23 21:11, Paul Eggert wrote: > On 1/17/23 11:16, Wilco Dijkstra via Libc-alpha wrote: >> So it seems best to state it only works on unsigned values (with y > 0 since >> division >> by zero is undefined behaviour of course) and it's implementation defined whether >> overflow wraps or saturates. > > roundup works just fine on signed integers. Although x should be nonnegative and > y should be positive, there's no requirement that either x or y must be unsigned. > > This sort of thing matters in the C style I prefer nowadays, which is to use > types like ptrdiff_t and idx_t instead of size_t, so that I can optionally > enable runtime overflow checking that works. That's fair; I'll clarify, and anyway, will post the manual page for review before pushing. If you happen to know od any other use cases for this function, it might be interesting. Cheers, Alex --