From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com>
To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com>
Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org>,
	 Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org>,
	Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com>,
	 Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@redhat.com>,
	Arjun Shankar <ashankar@redhat.com>,
	 Patrick McGehearty <patrick.mcgehearty@oracle.com>,
	"H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com>,
	 Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs.nagy@arm.com>,
	Noah Goldstein <goldstein.w.n@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: glibc: Testing LF BBB instance for patch review meetings.
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 12:27:37 -0800	[thread overview]

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 12:20 PM Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/6/22 13:07, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 10:00 AM Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha
> > <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Community,
> >>
> >> Thanks to Linux Foundation IT team and GTI (Toolchain Infrastructure for
> >> the GNU Toolchain) we have started testing the LF BBB instance as a part
> >> of our FOSS solutions that support glibc and the other GNU Toolchain
> >> components.
> >
> > Why are these emails about infrastructure seeming so far inbetween and
> > then blam there is something new?
>
> Please follow the GTI TAC discussions in the open here:
> https://lore.kernel.org/gti-tac/

This is the first time this has been published to any of the GTI
mailing lists. Unlike the sourceware related things which have pushed
out emails and archives to folks.
This is a bad look for the GTI folks really.

> The LF IT team setup a BBB instance for their own use and offered it to us to use too:
> https://lore.kernel.org/gti-tac/7827d4e3-5bad-0436-07ac-058782b01d25@gotplt.org/T/#t
>
> We want FOSS solution to host GTI TAC meetings (even before we can decide what to do
> with the GNU Toolchain infrastructure) to support collaboration and attendance.
>
> > Seems like there is a lot of stuff being done in closed doors without
> > any real feedback except for the select few.
>
> That the LF IT setup a BBB server for general use is great news.

Why not stay with sourceware? I still have not seen any reason to move
away from sourceware except the Linux foundation is there.

Thanks,
Andrew