Changes from previous patchset: I've taken vapier's suggestion to use positive variable names, added a NEWS entry, and a pair of tests. The tests turned out to be much larger than the primary change, so I've split them into a separate patch. -- 8< -- This option causes the default library search path to be skipped, using only the paths in DT_RPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and DT_RUNPATH. This option implies --inhibit-cache, as there is no point in searching a cache of system libraries when we are not using the system libraries at all. This is necessary to preserve negative search results when isolating applications from the system libraries. This can be important when an application uses dlopen at run time to load optional libraries. When a shared library is required by the application, it can be isolated by putting appropriate versions of the libraries in directories specified in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, because the library search will always terminate before potentially loading any system libraries. On the other hand, if the application should be run without an optional library, the search will proceed past the LD_LIBRARY_PATH directories into the default system libraries, potentially causing an incorrect library to be linked.