On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 at 21:41, Andreas Schwab wrote: > On Okt 01 2022, Sam James wrote: > > > True, but it helps those who have been on the fence and didn't > > want to deviate from glibc upstream. It also shows that it's > > an acceptable move to make. > > It's much easier to configure binutils with > --enable-default-hash-style=both. > My impression though is that it's only whether libc.so.6 has DT_HASH that matters though. Ubuntu and Debian have had --hash-style=gnu as a gcc default for years and afaict this has caused no problems whatsoever. Currently I have a downstream patch for both hash styles on libc for Ubuntu and while I guess having this upstream would be nice, it's hardly a priority. Cheers, mwh