On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 at 18:27, DJ Delorie wrote: > Michael Hudson-Doyle via Libc-alpha writes: > > I think running the glibc testsuite on a wider range of hardware would be > > the most significant thing we could do here. We do have quite a range of > > hardware for testing but I wouldn't know where to start about using it > for > > glibc pre-commit CI, > > Fortunately, I do :-) > Ah here I was talking about getting access to the machines internally :-) Thanks for the instructions though... > The code is here: https://gitlab.com/djdelorie/glibc-cicd > > The URL for your runner to track is: https://delorie.com/cicd/curator.cgi > (unless you want to run your own curator, but there's no need) > > You'll need to create an API token in our patchwork instance if you want > to report results. > > In general, your runner will inspect the event and decide what > testing[*], if any, your organization wants to do. It will then queue a > task that your trybots will dequeue and run. You organize queues based > on hardware types or pools or whatever, so for example you could have > some expensive-to-use AVX512 machine only run tests when the patch > mentions AVX512, or a raspberry pi pool that tests patches that touch > sysdeps/arm, etc. > > > [*] it doesn't have to be testing, it could be anything - like spell > checking patches to documentation, or checking coding standards, etc. > Even grepping for interesting new sandwich recipes, although I hope you > don't find any in glibc. > >