Hi Florian, this patch is only meant for the google/grte branch. Thanks! On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 12:37 AM Florian Weimer wrote: > * Nilay Vaish via Libc-alpha: > > > We made this change so that we can capture thread stack allocations. > > __mmap and __munmap cannot be overridden at runtime. mmap and munmap > > can be overidden at runtime and we are thus able to capture when either > > of these functions were called. > > Not sure if you are proposing this for general discussion? > > This will need localplt.data updates on all architectures to avoid > check-localplt failures. It also introduces a linknamespace issue with > C11 thread support: technically, an application using C11 threads could > define mmap or munmap symbols for arbitrary use (and different behavior) > because those names are not reserved in C11. > > If this is intended to become a supported interface, perhaps we should > document it in the manual. On the other hand, I do not see how this > could work in general, especially not with static linking. glibc may > have to call mmap in certain places where the process or thread is not > fully initialized. > > Thanks, > Florian > >