Hi Siddhesh, On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 12:19 AM Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote: > I'm surprised there are 1114 series that need action; maybe it's > including series that have already been committed and you need to filter > those out? Yeah, in the git output we can see that a lot of those are already applied. > > As "git-pw patch apply " gives "Resource not found" for the older > > patches. So right now only series are applied to a branch. > > Here is how the scripts work. > > We have two scripts, "get-patches.py" and "apply-patches.py" (we can > > change the names of course). > > "get-patches.py" reads the patches/series starting from page1 to page > > 100 (currently) in csv format and dumps it to stdout. This output is > > piped to the second script "apply-patches.py" which tries to apply > > each series/patch to the branch. > > It should become one script. Will do that in a couple of iterations, right now I've modified it so that it can take input from stdin as well as from a csv file. > > In the end we get two files as an output "merged.txt" and > > "unmerged.txt" containing the IDs for merged and unmerged series > > respectively. > > Currently these files are placed in the current directory, I'll change > > it to /tmp or something else in the next patch. I've added one more file to it for unavailable patches. So the the author can be notified and asked to repost those patches (if needed). Also added an argument for changing the output location for these files. > The older ones do not have a series ID because they were ported over > from an ancient patchwork instance, so they won't work with `git-pw > series`. They'll need some trickery to figure out series. There ought > to be some relationship beyond the name, say, in the mbox of the patch > that could be exploited to make that connection. looking into it. Thanks. Girish Joshi