Hello all, I tried a couple of very basic scripts for this. (I know that there are a lot of improvements needed there.) I was able to merge 336 series out of 1114. As "git-pw patch apply " gives "Resource not found" for the older patches. So right now only series are applied to a branch. Here is how the scripts work. We have two scripts, "get-patches.py" and "apply-patches.py" (we can change the names of course). "get-patches.py" reads the patches/series starting from page1 to page 100 (currently) in csv format and dumps it to stdout. This output is piped to the second script "apply-patches.py" which tries to apply each series/patch to the branch. In the end we get two files as an output "merged.txt" and "unmerged.txt" containing the IDs for merged and unmerged series respectively. Currently these files are placed in the current directory, I'll change it to /tmp or something else in the next patch. Just to have it here, to apply patches using these two scripts $ python scripts/get-patches.py series | python scripts/apply-patches.py series apply I'm still not sure about what happens to the older patches, do they get applied from "git-pw series apply" or not (I'm looking into it) because the newer ones do get applied. Is it going in the right direction? Please share your thoughts. Thanks. Girish Joshi girishjoshi.io On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 3:40 PM Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote: > > On 12/8/20 2:38 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote: > >> It doesn't; it has it's own hashing function where it normalizes spaces > >> and newline chars to avoid false negatives. > > > > Like git patch-id? > > > > Yeah, except that it (AFAICT) doesn't order the diff input like git > patch-id does :) I suppose I could check if they're willing to add a > dependency on git for this and drop their custom hasher or at least > provide a supported way to add a different hashing function or program. > > Siddhesh