On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:31 AM Siddhesh Poyarekar via Libc-alpha wrote: > > On 28/09/20 19:05, Florian Weimer via Libc-alpha wrote: > > I'm not sure if this change is philosophically correct as far as the > > tunables framework is concerned. I had thought the limits should be > > something static, so that they are consistent across systems. > > It seems like a good idea to support dynamic limits if they will always > be more restrictive than the most restrictive static limit one could > come up with for the tunable. I didn't exclude dynamic limits from a > design perspective; it's just that the tunables implemented at that time > didn't need them. > > There is a case to always have static bounds (at the minimum to ensure > that values don't overflow the underlying types) but that shouldn't > preclude more restrictive dynamic limits IMO. > > Bikeshed: maybe the macro should be called TUNABLE_SET_WITH_BOUNDS() > instead of TUNABLE_SET_ALL. > Here is the updated patch with TUNABLE_SET_WITH_BOUNDS. OK for master? Thanks. -- H.J.