Here is the patch that slightly refactors how init_cacheinfo is called. On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 7:24 PM, H.J. Lu wrote: > On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Erich Elsen wrote: >> I definitely think increasing the size in the case of processors with >> a large number of cores makes sense. Hopefully with some testing we >> can confirm it is a net win and/or find a more empirical number. >> >> Thanks for that patch with the tunable support. I've just put a >> similar patch in review for sharing right now. It adds support in the >> case that HAVE_TUNABLES isn't defined like the similar code in arena.c >> and also makes a minor change that turns init_cacheinfo into a >> init_cacheinfo_impl (a hidden callable). init_cacheinfo is now a >> constructor that just calls the impl and passes the cpu_features >> struct. This is useful in that it makes the code a bit more modular >> (something that we'll need to be able to test this internally). > > This sounds a good idea. I'd also like to add tunable support in > init_cpu_features to turn on/off CPU features. non_temporal_threshold > will be one of them. > > > -- > H.J.