On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 11:17 AM Xi Ruoyao via Libc-alpha < libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote: > On Mon, 2023-04-24 at 11:03 -0400, Joe Simmons-Talbott via Libc-alpha > wrote: > > Make all internal glibc syscalls use direct compile time numeric values > > rather than variables. This will make the syscall number easier to > > identify during static analysis. > > This is making the code much more bloated and slower. Do we really want > to make everyone's system slower for some debug tools? > > The switch statement will add little overhead. my concern with this is that it looks ugly and error prone for no other reason than help some limited debug tool.. there must be a nicer, less verbose way to get what you want..