* Timeouts using SSH wrapper when tests read /dev/stdout
@ 2021-09-29 21:32 Stafford Horne
From: Stafford Horne @ 2021-09-29 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GLIBC patches

Hello,

For the OpenRISC port I pretty much have all tests passing but there is one last
problem that I have yet to solve.  For the following tests they timeout when using
the SSH wrapper but the succeed when logged into the host.

This is from my notes, these are the affected tests:
    elf/tst-audit14,works with stdout redirect to file: not over ssh
    elf/tst-audit15,works with stdout redirect to file: not over ssh
    elf/tst-audit16,works with stdout redirect to file: not over ssh
    libio/tst-wfile-sync,works with stdin redirect: not over ssh
    iconv/tst-iconv_prog,has redirects works on platform: not over ssh

For example (elf/tst-audit14), when running the wrapper it essentially runs:

  ssh 10.0.0.5 elf/tst-audit14 > elf/tst-audit14.out

In test elf/tst-audit14 it does a read on /dev/stdout and blocks.  It seems
since the redirect of stdout is going over the socket it does not end up in
/dev/stdout.

I have tried forcing a pseudo-terminal with 'ssh -tt' but that seems to have no
affect.

Is this expected?

Any tips would be helpful, has anyone else run into this before?  It may be just
a bug in my architecture.

-Stafford