From: Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xry111.site>
To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>,
	libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Monday Patch Queue Review update (2024-01-29)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 00:35:33 +0800	[thread overview]

On Mon, 2024-01-29 at 23:54 +0800, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
> On Mon, 2024-01-29 at 09:49 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >  * Andreas: Added loongarch failures. There are a lot of them.
> >  * Carlos: I wouldn't hold up the release for the failures seen on one
> > specific Loongarch system e.g. gcc401.
>
> These seem caused by the Debian-specific "multiarch" directory layout:
>
> xry111@gcc401:~/git-repos/glibc-build$ make test t=misc/tst-gettid-kill
> (... ...)
> libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/xry111/git-repos/glibc/misc'
> FAIL: misc/tst-gettid-kill
> original exit status 1
> Didn't expect signal from child: got `Aborted'
>
> libgcc_s.so.1 is in the "multiarch directory" /usr/lib/loongarch64-
> linux-gnu.  With --libdir=/usr/lib/loongarch64-linux-gnu and
> libc_cv_slibdir=/usr/lib/loongarch64-linux-gnu this test passes.
>
> Now running make check -j32...

Only one test failure with those:

FAIL: misc/tst-glibcsyscalls
original exit status 1
info: glibc syscall 'cachestat' not known to kernel
info: glibc syscall 'futex_requeue' not known to kernel
info: glibc syscall 'fchmodat2' not known to kernel
info: glibc syscall 'futex_wake' not known to kernel
info: glibc syscall 'map_shadow_stack' not known to kernel
info: glibc syscall 'futex_wait' not known to kernel
error: kernel syscall 'fstat' (80) not known to glibc
error: kernel syscall 'newfstatat' (79) not known to glibc
info: glibc tables are based on kernel version 6.7
info: installed kernel headers are version 6.4

I suppose there is something wrong with Debian-shipped kernel headers
(Debian on LoongArch is still WIP).

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xry111.site>