On Fri, 9 Mar 2018, Steve Ellcey wrote: > And yet we have tests for large numbers in auto-libm-test-out-sin > and auto-libm-test-out-cos.  I was testing a different vector sin/cos Yes. A floating-point number represents a particular real number, not an interval, so all the usual accuracy goals (of results within a few ulps of the correct answer) apply for large inputs (but performance is not a concern for those inputs). Only for IBM long double is this relaxed, to treat values not representable in 106 mantissa bits as if they do represent intervals. -- Joseph S. Myers joseph@codesourcery.com