Hey Jason! On 12/31/22 03:57, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > Did you happen to CC me here because you noticed I did exactly the > same thing in the Linux kernel recently? ;-) > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=7f576b2593a978451416424e75f69ad1e3ae4efe Ahh, I didn't know that. I CCd you because of the lengthy discussion in the libc-alpha list about the introduction of arc4random(3). I first CCd you in patch to shadow where I prefered getrandom(2) over arc4random(3) for problems with libbsd. However, it's interesting that we came to the same interfaces with completely independent development. That gives more strength to my feeling that it's a good interface. I'll detail more in a reply to Theo that I'll write next :) Cheers, Alex P.S.: Thanks for the review in the shadow PR! --