* Monday Patch Queue Review update (2024-06-24)
@ 2024-06-24 16:43 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2024-06-24 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: glibc developers

Most recent meeting status is always here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update

Meeting: 2024-06-24 @ 0900h EST5EDT

Video/Audio: https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-alk-1uu-7fu

IRC: #glibc on OFTC.

Review new patches and restart review at the top.

 * Welcome to Yury! New meeting attendee.
​ * State NEW delegate NOBODY at 404 patches.
 * Carlos's SLI at 360 days average patch age in queue and 146904 accumulated patch days.
 * Starting at 92660.
 * Look at https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.40 and Blockers / Desirable.
  * Note that we have extended rseq support on the list.
  * Also in the plan was pthread_cancel fix and pthread condvar missing signal fix.
  * Carlos: Do you have pthread_cancel fix ready for this release?
  * Adhemerval: I think we can fix it this release.
  * mtrace: make shell commands robust against meta characters (Andreas)
   * Carlos: Andreas pushed this after my review so this is complete.
  * Fix conditionals on mtrace-based tests. (Carlos)
   * Needs review.
   * Reviewer Pool: Adhemerval.
  * Andreas: What about no executable stack?
  * Adhemerval: It is desirable for the release.
  * Carlos: Then we should find someone to review.
  * Improve executable stack handling (Adhemerval)
   * https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?series=35285
   * Reviewer Pool: Arjun Shankar
   * Note that rough consensus seems to exist for v3.
 * Extend rseq support (Michael Jeanson)
  * Reviewer Pool: Florian Weimer
 * Andreas: Qualcomm Oryon review?
 * Adhemerval: In my queue. Will review.
 * Andreas: What about Florian's dns stub resolver fixes?
 * Carlos: DJ has reviewed 50% of those. We should add to desirable for release.
 * Szabolcs: Did the C23 logp1 interfaces get completed?
 * Carlos: Yes, committed last week.
 * Szabolcs: OK, we can add aarch64 vector libmvec implementations, but that can happen later.
 * debug: Fix clang mq_open fortify wrapper (BZ 31917) (Adhemerval)
  * Reviewer pool: Carlos O'Donell
 * Opt-out static C++ link check and tests (HJ)
  * Reviewer Pool: Carlos O'Donell
 * Starting at 92659, with 391 patches.
 * [v2] socket: Add new test for shutdown (Sergey)
  * Reviewer Pool: DJ
 * [v3] LoongArch: Fix tst-gnu2-tls2 test case (Meng)
  * Needs machine maintainer review.
 * [v6] MIPSr6/math: Use builtin fma and fmaf (YunQuiang)
  * Reviewer Pool: Florian Weimer
 * x32/cet: Enable shadow stack during startup for Linux 6.10-rc4 (HJ)
  * Reviewer Pool: Maxim K.
 * [v2] RISC-V: Use builtins for ffs and ffsll while supported extension available
  * Needs machine maintainer review.
 * [v4] elf: Avoid re-initializing already allocated TLS in dlopen (bug 31717) (Florian)
  * Reviewer Pool: Simon Chopin
 * Stopped at 92370.
 * time/Makefile: fixed tests target formatting (Samuel)
  * Reviewer Pool: Arjun Shankar.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-06-24 16:43 UTC | newest]