From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org>
To: Alejandro Colomar <alx.manpages@gmail.com>,
	GNU C Library <libc-alpha@sourceware.org>
Cc: linux-man <linux-man@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: bug in roundup(3) from <sys/param.h>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 11:55:08 -0300	[thread overview]

On 16/01/23 17:46, Alejandro Colomar via Libc-alpha wrote:
> Hi!

> Do you think this is something to be fixed without important performance penalties, or should we just document the bug and live with it?

That's the problem with ill-defined interfaces, each implementation might
eventually differs.  It seems that BSD, AIX, and Solaris follows glibc
implementation by wrapping around (Solaris also provides it through
sysmacros.h instead of param.h).  The exception is macOS that saturates
the value.

I really won't bother with this interface, since potentially changing it
might generate more potentially breakage than improvements.