* Monday Patch Queue Review update (2023-12-04)
@ 2023-12-04 14:49 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-12-04 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan, Wilco Dijkstra,
	Palmer Dabbelt

Most recent meeting status is always here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update

Meeting: 2023-12-04 @ 0900h EST5EDT

Video/Audio: https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-alk-1uu-7fu

IRC: #glibc on OFTC.

Review new patches and restart review at the top.

 * State NEW delegate NOBODY at 451 patches.
 * Carlos's SLI at 250 days average patch age in queue and 113787 accumulated patch days.
 * Starting review at 81209 (last week 80738)
 * stdlib: Optimize number of calls to comparison function (Kuan-Wei)
  * Changes requested by Florian.
 * [RFC,v4] Add rseq extensible ABI support (Michael)
  * Marked RFC for community discussion.
 * LoongArch: Add support for TLS Descriptors (mengqinggang)
  * Changes requested by reviewers.
 * [v2] math: Add new exp10 implementation (Joe Ramsey)
  * Paul Zimmerman commented. Szabolcs to look.
 * RISC-V: ifunced memcpy using new kernel hwprobe interface
  * Needs review by Palmer (machine maintainer)
 * [V4] powerpc: Optimized strcmp for power10 (Amrita)
  * Raji to review.
 * powerpc: Add HWCAP3/HWCAP4 data to TCB for Power Architecture. (Matti)
  * Patch fails to apply. Marked Failed CI
 * [v2] Move CVE information into advisories directory (Siddhesh)
  * Florian to look at this.
 * [RFC] resolv: Align buf before second query for A_AAA in __res_context_query (Ludwig)
  * Marked RFC.
  * Changes requested to fix architectures with alignment traps.
 * aarch64: fix tested ifunc variants (Szabolcs)
  * Maintainer should commit.
 * elf: Add TLS modid reuse test for bug 29039 (Szabolcs)
  * Needs review.
  * Adhemerval to review test case.
 * elf: Avoid type aliasing violation on __tunable_get_{default, val} (Adhemerval)
   * DJ raised this when reviewing another patch.
   * Siddhesh to own review.
 * [1/2] Add random benchmark (Wilco)
  * Needs cleanup of Makefile placement.
  * Carlos commented on list.
 * strcasestr: try to find non-alpha char in NEEDLE (James)
  * Carlos: Has anyone reviewed this?
  * Adhemerval: Wilco had some reservations and wasn't sure if this was an improvement.
  * Carlos requested clarification of copyright status.
 * RISC-V: Add dynamic TSO support (Christoph)
  * Needs RISC-V machine maintainer review.
 * Stopped at 80656.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Monday Patch Queue Review update (2023-12-04)
@ 2023-12-04 15:06 ` Palmer Dabbelt
From: Palmer Dabbelt @ 2023-12-04 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: libc-alpha, rajis, Wilco.Dijkstra

On Mon, 04 Dec 2023 06:49:56 PST (-0800), Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Most recent meeting status is always here:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update

Sorry I keep missing these, 6am is early...

> Meeting: 2023-12-04 @ 0900h EST5EDT
>
> Video/Audio: https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-alk-1uu-7fu
>
> IRC: #glibc on OFTC.
>
> Review new patches and restart review at the top.
>
>  * State NEW delegate NOBODY at 451 patches.
>  * Carlos's SLI at 250 days average patch age in queue and 113787 accumulated patch days.
>  * Starting review at 81209 (last week 80738)
>  * stdlib: Optimize number of calls to comparison function (Kuan-Wei)
>   * Changes requested by Florian.
>  * [RFC,v4] Add rseq extensible ABI support (Michael)
>   * Marked RFC for community discussion.
>  * LoongArch: Add support for TLS Descriptors (mengqinggang)
>   * Changes requested by reviewers.
>  * [v2] math: Add new exp10 implementation (Joe Ramsey)
>   * Paul Zimmerman commented. Szabolcs to look.
>  * RISC-V: ifunced memcpy using new kernel hwprobe interface

This one fails some tests, Evan said he might have time to look.

>   * Needs review by Palmer (machine maintainer)
>  * [V4] powerpc: Optimized strcmp for power10 (Amrita)
>   * Raji to review.
>  * powerpc: Add HWCAP3/HWCAP4 data to TCB for Power Architecture. (Matti)
>   * Patch fails to apply. Marked Failed CI
>  * [v2] Move CVE information into advisories directory (Siddhesh)
>   * Florian to look at this.
>  * [RFC] resolv: Align buf before second query for A_AAA in __res_context_query (Ludwig)
>   * Marked RFC.
>   * Changes requested to fix architectures with alignment traps.
>  * aarch64: fix tested ifunc variants (Szabolcs)
>   * Maintainer should commit.
>  * elf: Add TLS modid reuse test for bug 29039 (Szabolcs)
>   * Needs review.
>   * Adhemerval to review test case.
>  * elf: Avoid type aliasing violation on __tunable_get_{default, val} (Adhemerval)
>    * DJ raised this when reviewing another patch.
>    * Siddhesh to own review.
>  * [1/2] Add random benchmark (Wilco)
>   * Needs cleanup of Makefile placement.
>   * Carlos commented on list.
>  * strcasestr: try to find non-alpha char in NEEDLE (James)
>   * Carlos: Has anyone reviewed this?
>   * Adhemerval: Wilco had some reservations and wasn't sure if this was an improvement.
>   * Carlos requested clarification of copyright status.
>  * RISC-V: Add dynamic TSO support (Christoph)
>   * Needs RISC-V machine maintainer review.

These depend on non-ratified ISA extensions (and unmerged kernel code),
so it's almost certainly too late for the upcoming release.  I'll try
and take a look, but it's probably not as high priority as the hwprobe
stuff.