* Propose Rafał and Mike as localedata maintainers.
@ 2017-07-12  1:02 Carlos O'Donell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2017-07-12  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU C Library, Rafal Luzynski, Mike Fabian, Zack Weinberg,
	Joseph S. Myers, Siddhesh Poyarekar, Andreas Schwab,
	Chris Leonard, Keld Simonsen, GNU C Library Locales

Developers,

I have been incredibly impressed with Rafał and Mike's recent
and ongoing work and localedata cleanups.

I have spoken to both Rafał and Mike and would like to propose
both of them as maintainers of the localedata in glibc.

Between the CLDR 31 and Unicode 10 updates I see Rafał and
Mike leading glibc in the right direction.

I think that the locale (not localedata) changes still need global
review, but the updates and harmonization for localedata need to
have inspired and motivated individuals helping and making
progress on our backlog of bugs.

Thoughts from the other maintainers?

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Propose Rafał and Mike as localedata maintainers.
@ 2017-07-12  1:12 ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2017-07-12  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, GNU C Library, Rafal Luzynski, Mike Fabian,
	Zack Weinberg, Joseph S. Myers, Andreas Schwab, Chris Leonard,

On Wednesday 12 July 2017 06:32 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Developers,
>
> I have been incredibly impressed with Rafał and Mike's recent
> and ongoing work and localedata cleanups.
>
> I have spoken to both Rafał and Mike and would like to propose
> both of them as maintainers of the localedata in glibc.
>
> Between the CLDR 31 and Unicode 10 updates I see Rafał and
> Mike leading glibc in the right direction.
>
> I think that the locale (not localedata) changes still need global
> review, but the updates and harmonization for localedata need to
> have inspired and motivated individuals helping and making
> progress on our backlog of bugs.
>
> Thoughts from the other maintainers?

+1

Siddhesh

* Re: Propose Rafał and Mike as localedata maintainers.
@ 2017-07-12  7:44 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2017-07-12  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell
  Cc: GNU C Library, Rafal Luzynski, Mike Fabian, Zack Weinberg,
	Joseph S. Myers, Siddhesh Poyarekar, Chris Leonard,

On Jul 11 2017, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> I have spoken to both Rafał and Mike and would like to propose
> both of them as maintainers of the localedata in glibc.

I'm all for it.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

* Re: Propose Rafał and Mike as localedata maintainers.
@ 2017-07-19 14:38 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2017-07-19 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU C Library, Rafal Luzynski, Mike Fabian, Zack Weinberg,

On 07/11/2017 09:02 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Developers,
>
> I have been incredibly impressed with Rafał and Mike's recent
> and ongoing work and localedata cleanups.
>
> I have spoken to both Rafał and Mike and would like to propose
> both of them as maintainers of the localedata in glibc.
>
> Between the CLDR 31 and Unicode 10 updates I see Rafał and
> Mike leading glibc in the right direction.
>
> I think that the locale (not localedata) changes still need global
> review, but the updates and harmonization for localedata need to
> have inspired and motivated individuals helping and making
> progress on our backlog of bugs.
>
> Thoughts from the other maintainers?

Given that Siddhesh and Andreas are OK with the proposal, and it has
been a week with no complaints, I will install Mike and Rafal as
localedata maintainers.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.